The best medicine in the world

Even if a person leads a healthy lifestyle, eats organic food, and exercises often, unforeseen circumstances and medical emergencies can occur. When it comes to the country with the best medicine in the world, there are many factors to consider. If a country is able to offer a combination of excellent public and private health care and services, then it deserves a spot on this list. The ranking takes into account life expectancy, the cost of healthcare, as well as many other factors that form the overall performance indicator. Most of the countries on this list will hardly surprise you, but there are also a few surprises. So, let’s find out which countries have the best medicine in the world …

the best medicine

Medicine in Sweden (62.6)

In addition to clean, fresh air, Sweden is also one of the countries that offers its citizens excellent healthcare. The system is funded by the government, covering 97% of medical costs, while the individual takes care of the remaining 3%. While dental care is not funded by the public health system, it is partially subsidized and completely free for children aged 0-19.

Medicine in Switzerland (63.1)

As one of the most beautiful countries in the world, Switzerland also has the highest life expectancy since 2012: 80.5 years for men and 85 years for women. This, of course, is partly the merit of the country’s health care system. Medical services are mostly covered by the government, but partly by citizens, through personal health insurance. All Swiss citizens are required to obtain health insurance policies.

South Korea (65.1)

You might not know it, but South Korea has one of the best medical systems in the world. One of the main medical problems that the South Korean government is dealing with is environmental pollution, which leads to an increase in the disease of local residents. To improve the situation, a unified healthcare system was introduced, providing equal and fair medical care benefits to 100% of South Korean citizens.

Medicine in Australia (66)

Wonderful weather and a relaxed lifestyle make Australia one of the best countries to live in, but another reason is a very efficient healthcare system. With the universal medical system, the federal government reimburses approximately 75% of citizens’ medical bills, while 25% is funded by private health insurance. While dentistry, optometry and ambulance fees are not covered by the government, financially disadvantaged citizens can access these services through subsidies.

Medicine of Italy (66.1)

With just 0.1 points ahead of Australia, Italy also has the best healthcare in the world. The country has a mixed public-private healthcare system. With an average life expectancy of 82 years, all surgeries in Italy are free of charge in both public and private hospitals. Emergency medical care is absolutely free for all residents, even illegally residing in the country.

the best medicine 2

Medicine in Spain (68.3)

In addition to an excellent public health system, Spain has very competent doctors, well-trained nurses and top medical equipment. Prescription drugs are paid for through a special co-payment system where residents are required to pay for a small portion of their drugs while the majority is covered by the state. Undoubtedly, this is how the best medicine in the world should be.

Medicine in Israel (68.7)

Ranked fourth in the world in terms of effectiveness, Israeli medicine is a fundamental right for the country’s citizens. The Israeli healthcare system is universal and requires all citizens to have health insurance. The system is government regulated and is one of the most technologically advanced in the world, with state of the art equipment and well trained doctors and nurses. Israel is fast becoming a popular destination for medical tourists!

Japanese healthcare (74.1)

Like almost all efficient health care systems, Japan provides universal health insurance that subsidizes a significant portion of a person’s medical expenses. An employed citizen usually receives additional private insurance from his employer, but Japan places considerable emphasis on its unemployed and poor citizens. Homeless and low-income people who receive a government subsidy are exempt from medical fees.